Introduction to Coaching Skills
Introduction to Career Coaching Skills online course was created out of a growing need for professionals in Career Development Industry. We all know that our careers can have a huge impact on us, but many of us find it difficult to navigate the system and make informed decisions. We are changing our careers five to seven times throughout our lives and have many jobs in between.
If you are looking for some guidance in your professional life, then the Introduction to Career Coaching Skills is exactly what you need. This course will teach students everything they could ever want or expect from an introduction into this field: why people choose one path over another; how each profession can benefit others by teaching them about their own strengths through analysis of weaknesses (and vice versa); as well tips on getting clients hooked so that when it's time harvest profits there'll be plenty leftovers!
No longer are employers responsible for an employee’s career development, rather it is now up to employees to manage their own careers.
The Introduction to Career Coaching Skills course will be viewed from both perspectives of the career counselor/coach and the client. Both parties form the client/coaching relationship.
The introductory course will provide you with the foundation knowledge and skills in career counseling and career coaching theories and applications to broaden your skills in career development. The course is designed and written as a stand-alone career development course that provides an overview of each course that forms the complete Foundation in Career Development Practice course that consists of the following 10 sequenced and stand-alone courses.
- Course 1 - Foundations to Understanding Career Development
- Course 2 - Career Development Theories
- Course 3 – Career Coaching Theory And Applications
- Course 4 – Focus on Wellness and Self Care In Career Development
- Course 5 – Legal and Ethical Requirements in Career Development
- Course 6 – Developing Counselling and Coaching Skills
- Course 7 – Facilitating Career Development
- Course 8 – Administering Assessment Tools for Career Development
- Course 9 – Next Step to Becoming a Career Coach
- Course 10 - How to Help Your Clients Find the Perfect Job
Added value – Learn career counseling and career coaching skills
The added value of studying the Foundation in Career Development Practice short course teaches both career counseling and career coaching theories and applications. This approach will strengthen your career development practice in an increasingly complex and challenging world that requires a greater understanding of quality practice, advanced micro-skills and developing relationships with diverse clients.
The Foundation in Career Development Practice course is a short course in career development practice that is evidence-based with theory and practice. To successfully enroll in the course, students must have appropriate language, literacy, and numeracy levels to undertake this course and access a computer with reliable internet access.
Students must hold:
- a qualification at diploma level or higher in a discipline related to career development, counseling work, human resources, psychology, youth work or management
- work experience in education, human resources, psychology, employment, recruitment, youth work, apprenticeship, disability, rehabilitation, case management or management
- Please submit your application with a personal statement indicating your commitment to career development, with a copy of your resume.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The time spent on each course of study may be claimed as continuing professional development (CPD) by CDAA members towards Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) requirements.
Non-CDAA members, please check with your professional association regarding their CPD policy.
To claim your CPD points, present your certificate of course completion to CDAA or the professional association where you are a member.
Upon successfully finishing the complete course, students will receive a Certificate of Professional Development accredited by Associated Career Professionals International.
Students can also receive a Certificate of Professional Development for each course they complete accredited by Associated Career Professionals International.